Geriatric Psychiatry Out-Reach Assessment, Consultation and Enablement (G-RACE)
G-RACE is an outreach service to provide psychiatric assessment and treatment for elderly patients with mental health conditions living in the western region of Singapore.
• To facilitate and provide seamless care and support for patients diagnosed with mental health conditions, and to support ageing in place
• To provide mental health services to the elderly who have difficulties accessing outpatient services
• To prevent unnecessary hospitalisation related to mental health conditions and reduce the length of stay in the ward
• To improve the quality of life of the elderly in the community and alleviate the stress of caregivers
• Boon Lay
• Bukit Batok
• Bukit Panjang
• Bukit Timah
• Choa Chu Kang
• Jurong East
• Jurong West
Assessment & Treatment
• Assessment by the multi-disciplinary team is generally conducted in the elderly's homes.
• Treatment is aimed at alleviating symptoms of psychiatric disorders, maximising functional abilities, and reducing caregivers' stress to achieve holistic patient care.
Consultation & Enablement
• We empower community eldercare agencies to manage the elderly with mental health conditions through training, consultation and support.
• We facilitate early detection of mental health conditions among the elderly in the community and coordinate care between eldercare agencies and the primary care setting.
G-RACE Home Clinic (GHC):
Led by Psychogeriatricians and Case Managers, GHC aims to support elderly patients with mental health conditions who are home-bound and require psychiatric follow-up by a doctor in their home.
1. Elderly patients (aged 65 and above) living in the western region of Singapore who have been with diagnosed mental health problems such as dementia, depressive disorders and psychotic disorders
2. Elderly patients living in the western region of Singapore who are non-community ambulant or have considerable difficulties leaving home
G-RACE Allied Health Intervention (AHI):
AHI is a team of Occupational Therapists who aim to support caregivers in managing patients' care at home. AHI provides ways to maximise patients' functions and equips caregivers with skills to better manage behavioural symptoms of dementia.
1. Elderly Patients aged 65 and above living in the western region of Singapore who have been diagnosed with dementia or cognitive impairments
2. Elderly Patients with dementia living in the western region of Singapore who are able to continue outpatient treatment with their primary doctor
1. Elderly patients diagnosed with physical disabilities only
2. Elderly patients who require mainly palliative care
G-RACE Post-Diagnostic Support (PSU):
PSU is a team of Case Managers who aims to provide seamless post-diagnostic care and support for patients diagnosed with dementia or cognitive impairments.
1. Elderly patients aged 65 and above living in the western region of Singapore
2. Singaporean or Permanent Resident
3. Those who are diagnosed with mental health problems such as dementia and are attending NUP Memory Clinic
4. Medically stable
5. Potentially able to remain in the community with no immediate plans to enrol in residential/nursing homes
G-RACE accepts referrals that fulfil the criteria of the respective services from healthcare professionals and community partners/eldercare agencies in the western region of Singapore.
Monday to Friday only (excluding Public Holidays): 8.30am to 5.00pm
For enquiries, please contact:
Department of Psychological Medicine