These are some general pre-appointment reminders for common outpatient procedures at NUH. If you require any clarification, please contact the relevant clinic(s) (click
here for contact details).
Some procedures require you to be in a fasted state. Please do not eat or drink before your appointment time if it involves the following tests:
• Fibroscan (required fasting time: 3 hours)
• Lipid, glucose and OGTT (required fasting time: 10 hours)
• Gastrin (required fasting time: 12 hours)
Note: If your test(s) is on the same day as your appointment, please arrive 2 hours before your scheduled appointment time or as otherwise advised by your doctor/clinic.
If you are scheduled to undergo a colonoscopy or gastroscopy, you will need to complete a bowel cleanse.
Three days before your scheduled procedure, do avoid:
- Fruit, fruit juices and vegetables
- Red meat (e.g. duck, beef or mutton)
- Grain (e.g. nuts or beans)
- Cereals (e.g. oats, wheat or barley)
- Milk or milk products
- Jelly or agar-agar
One day before your scheduled procedure, bowel preparation will need to be done:
- Mix one packet of powdered medication with 1 litre of water and stir well
- Drink 250ml of the mixture every 15 minutes
- Repeat until all packets are consumed
For bowel preparation
step-by-step video guide, please click
Immunosuppressant Drug Level Testing
If you are scheduled for an immunosuppressant medication level testing, do not take the following medication before the blood test:
- Mycophenolic Acid
Please call your clinic (click
here for contact details) to verify if you are not clear about the immunosuppressant drug level testing.
If you are scheduled for pre-surgery appointment at Anaesthetic Outpatient Consultation Clinic (AOCC), please watch the following videos before your appointment:
All previously taken images/scans should be prepared and brought along for your first visit. These include films or CD copies of:
- Ultrasound scans
- CT scans
- MRI scans
- PET CT