Rheumatology is the field of medicine that specialises in conditions affecting the joints, muscles, bones or tendons. These are usually autoimmune or inflammatory disorders, which means that the body's immune system attacks itself, causing inflammation, pain, swelling, and redness.
We are a referral centre for Southeast Asia and beyond. We offer a complete range of services for the evaluation and treatment of children with paediatric rheumatic diseases, which include but are not limited to:
- Arthritis including Juvenile Idiopathic Arthritis (JIA), Post-Infectious or Reactive Arthritis, or arthritis secondary to other conditions
- Connective tissue diseases such as Systemic Lupus Erythematosus (SLE, also known as "lupus") or Mixed Connective Tissue Disease
- Inflammatory myopathies such as Juvenile Dermatomyositis, polymyositis
- Systemic vasculitides such as
Kawasaki's Disease, Henoch Schönlein Purpura, Polyarteritis Nodosa, Takayasu's Arteritis
- Morphea and Scleroderma
- Inflammatory disorders of the eye (uveitis, orbital inflammatory syndrome), brain (CNS Vascultiis), liver or blood etc.
- Prolonged or recurrent fevers
- Periodic fevers and autoinflammatory syndromes
- Hypermobility syndrome
- Unexplained chronic musculoskeletal pain, weakness, poor appetite, fatigue, loss of function or skills
- Unexplained symptoms of rash, anaemia or weight loss
- Other rare and undiagnosed rheumatologic or chronic pain conditions
Our programme offers treatment options for these often painful and sometimes debilitating conditions.