Chronic Disease Self-Management Programme (CDSMP)
Diabetes is a chronic condition. Good self-management empowers you to actively manage your diabetes in your daily life. The Chronic Disease Self-Management Programme (CDSMP) is a workshop for people with chronic health problems. Classes are held online and are highly interactive. Through the programme, you will experience mutual support, and increased confidence in managing your health to maintain active and fulfilling lives.
Who is the programme for?
The programme is for any person who has one or more chronic conditions such as diabetes, obesity, hypertension, asthma, chronic obstructive lung diseases, arthritis, stroke etc. Caregivers are also encouraged to attend with their loved ones.
Duration of programme
Six sessions over six weeks, a 2-hour session each week online via Zoom*
*Participants are encouraged to register for the course with a family member/carer in case technical assistance is required while attending this online programme.
In this 6-week programme, you will learn about:
- Dealing with frustration, fatigue, pain and isolation;
- Appropriate exercise for maintaining and improving strength, flexibility and endurance;
- Appropriate use of medications;
- Communicating effectively with family, friends and health professionals;
- Making informed treatment decisions; and
- Goal setting and problem solving
Registration is complimentary. Please refer here for more information.
for more information on how to register.