Rehabilitation Medicine deals with the restoration of function from multiple, often complex causes. We do this through comprehensive assessment and coordinated interdisciplinary care.
Common conditions that may benefit from rehabilitation medicine care include:
- Neurological conditions including stroke and other causes of acquired brain injuries, neuropathies, myopathies, movement disorders, neuromuscular disorders and neurodegenerative diseases
- Spinal cord injuries from all causes
- Orthopaedic and trauma (e.g. joint replacements, limb amputations, prosthesis and orthosis)
- Pain: noninvasive or minimally invasive interventions for musculoskeletal pain or neuropathic pain
- Others: functional decline after major medical illnesses, cardiac rehabilitation, pulmonary rehabilitation, geriatric rehabilitation
We provide both inpatient and outpatient assessment and interdisciplinary management for patients suffering from these problems. The aim of the rehabilitation programme is to assist patients and their families reverse impairments, restore function, optimize quality of life and reintegrate back into the community as much as possible.