National University Heart Centre, Singapore (NUHCS) Nursing
The National University Health System (NUHS) set up the National University Heart Centre, Singapore (NUHCS) to meet the growing need of providing care to the increasing number of people suffering from heart disease.
NUHCS nurses work in a variety of care environment – Outpatient, Procedural areas, Intensives Care Units and General Wards - providing comprehensive and holistic care to the treatment of heart problems.
Nurses are equipped with an advanced fund of knowledge and specialised skills in the management of Cardiac Medicine and Cardiac Surgery including Coronary Artery Bypass Graft and ECMO; emphasising the critical nature of the patient's recovery.
Cardiac nursing has a wide array of expertise and services:
- Cardiology and Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery
- Specialist Nursing in Open Heart Surgery, Thoracic and Vascular Surgery
- Extracorporeal Membrane Oxygenation (ECMO)
Outpatient & Procedural Area Specialities:
- Cardiovascular Interventional Nursing
- Nurse-led Wound Clinic
- Heart Failure Services
- Rapid Chest Pain Clinic
- Post-Myocardial Infarction Discharge Clinic
- Post-Open Heart Surgery Clinic