Dr Vidyadhar Mali is a Senior Consultant in the Department of Paediatric Surgery and the Surgical Director of the Paediatric Transplantation Programmes, National University Centre for Organ Transplantation at National University Hosiptal. He is also an Assistant Professor in the Department of Surgery at Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine, Singapore.
He completed training in General Surgery and sub-specialty training in Paediatric Surgery and qualified from The Royal College of Surgeons, Ireland (AFRCS, FRCS) (2003, 2006), Academy of Medicine, Singapore (2003, 2008) and University of Mumbai, India (MS, MCh) (1995, 1998).
His special clinical interests include neonatal surgery, paediatric hepatobiliary surgery and paediatric liver and kidney transplantation.
His overseas experience includes:
Specialist Registrar, Paediatric Liver and Small Bowel Transplantation Unit, Birmingham Children’s Hospital (2005)
Specialist Registrar, Paediatric Surgery and Paediatric Urology, Birmingham Children’s Hospital, United Kingdom (2006)
Clinical Associate, Paediatric Transplantation Centre, National Centre for Child Health and Development, Tokyo, Japan (2015)
He received and was awarded the following:
- 2021 - COVID-19 Healthcare Award
- 2015 - Travel Grant
- International Living Donor Liver Transplantation Study Group, 2nd Congress, Seoul, South Korea
- 2015 - Academic Medicine Development Award, National University Health System, Singapore
- Paediatric Hepatobiliary Surgery & Liver Transplantation, National Centre for Child Health and Development, Tokyo, Japan
- 2013 - Talent Retention Award, National University Health System, Singapore
- 2005 - Health Manpower Development Programme, Ministry of Health, Singapore
- Paediatric Liver & Small Bowel Transplantation, Paediatric Surgery, Birmingham Children's Hospital, United Kingdom