Dr Nigel Tan graduated from the Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine, National University of Singapore in 2012.
He subsequently began his General Surgery Residency training at the National University Hospital in 2013 and subsequently obtained his Membership of the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh in 2014 and Master of Medicine (Surgery) in 2018.
During his residency, he concurrently completed and attained his Masters in Clinical Investigation at the National University of Singapore in 2018 and served as Chief Resident in his final year.
Following the completion of his residency, he obtained his Fellowship of the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh (General Surgery) and was accredited as a Specialist in General Surgery by the Specialist Accreditation Board in 2021 and subsequently joined the Division of Hepatobiliary and Pancreatic Surgery and Liver Transplantation at the National University Hospital.
1. Tan CHN, Hwang S, Bonney GK, Ganpathi IS, Madhavan K, Kow WCA. The influence of the middle hepatic vein and its impact on outcomes in right lobe living donor liver transplantation. HPB (Oxford). 2018.
2. Tan CHN, Tan KHJ, Lee CL, Lee LS, Chiow KHA, Goh KPB, et al. Observing an upward trajectory in minimally invasive hepatectomies in Singapore—a nationwide analysis. Ann Laparosc Endosc Surg, 2018. 2018;3(9).
3. Tan CHN, Yu Y, Tan YRN, Lim BLK, Iyer SG, Madhavan K, et al. Bridging therapies to liver transplantation for hepatocellular carcinoma: A bridge to nowhere? Ann Hepatobiliary Pancreat Surg. 2018;22(1):27-35.
4. Tan CHN, Soon GST, Kow WCA. Liver lesions detected in a hepatitis B core total antibody-positive patient masquerading as hepatocellular carcinoma: a rare case of peliosis hepatis and a review of the literature. Ann Hepatobiliary Pancreat Surg. 2017;21(3):157-62.
5. Tan CHN, Kim G, So J, Shabbir A. Single-Incision Laparoscopic Transgastric Underrunning and Closure of Cameron Ulcers in Acute Gastrointestinal Bleeding. J Gastrointest Surg. 2018.
6. Tan CN, Chong CS, Fong YF, Rauff S, Tan KK. Laparoscopic Anterior Resection with Transvaginal Specimen Extraction (TVSE) for Colorectal Cancer and Concomitant Total Hysterectomy and Bilateral Salpingo-Oophrectomy (THBSO): A Technical Description. Ann Surg Oncol. 2016.
7. Pang KW, Tan CH, Loh S, Chang KY, Iyer SG, Madhavan K, et al. Outcomes of Percutaneous Cholecystostomy for Acute Cholecystitis. World J Surg. 2016.