Lee Pyng is Associate Professor, Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine, National University of Singapore. She is also Director of Interventional Pulmonology, Division of Respiratory and Critical Care Medicine, National University Hospital. Associate Professor Lee has an active interest in lung cancer, pleural disease, obstructive airway disease, bronchoscopy and pleuroscopy. She was the past President of Singapore Thoracic Society, and serves on international scientific committees in Lung Cancer, Bronchology and Interventional Pulmonology as well as American College of Chest Physician Steering Committees. She represents Singapore as Global Governor for American College of Chest Physicians and is invited locally and overseas to speak and instruct in pleuroscopy, bronchoscopy and lung cancer. Associate Professor Lee is the author of publications in peer-reviewed journals, has written a manual and a book on pleuroscopy which has worn the British Medical Association Best Book Award in internal medicine in 2011. She received the Young Investigator’s award 2000 for work in asthma, Best Poster Award for research in talc and cancer cells at CHEST 2006, Best Original Investigation and Presentation at Chest World Congress 2014, and the Geoffrey McLennan Award for advancing the field of Interventional Pulmonology at CHEST 2014, Austin, Texas. She has completed her PhD on New Applications of Bronchoscopic Techniques conferred by Vrije University, Amsterdam.
1. Li A, Khoo KL, Tan CL, Pang A, Lee P. Lymphadenopathy and upper airway obstruction. Am J Respir Crit Care Med 2015;191(1):e1-3.
2. Liam CK, Andarini S, Lee P, Ho JC, Chau NQ, Tscheikuna J. Lung cancer staging now and in the future. Respirology. 2015;20:526-34
3. Siow WT, Lee P. Unusual Cause of Localised Bronchiectasis. Thorax 2017;72:191-2.
4. Chan HP, Liew MF, Seet JE, Lee P. Use of cryobiopsy during pleuroscopy for diagnosis of sarcomatoid malignant mesothelioma. Thorax 2017;72:193-5.
5. Thomas R, Fysh ETH, Smith NA, Lee P, et al. Effect of an indwelling pleural catheter vs talc pleurodesis on hospitalization days in patients with malignant pleural effusion: The AMPLE randomized clinical trial. JAMA 2017;318:1903-12.
6. Lee P, Tan Ze-ying, Pham T. All that wheezes is not asthma. Thorax 2018;73:792.
7. Lee P, Chee CBE. Xpert MTB/RIF for rapid detection of TB and rifampicin resistance in the evaluation of tracheobronchial lesions: What's to stop its use? Respirology. 2018; 23:889-90.
8. Lee P, Folch E. Medical Thoracoscopy: Advances and Increasing Role for Interventional Pulmonologists. Seminars of Respiratory and Critical Care Med 2018;39:693-703.
9. Liam CK, Stone E, Andarini S, Liam YS, Lam DC, Lee P. Molecular testing of metastatic non-small cell lung cancer in the Asia-Pacific region. Respirology 2020;25:685-7.
10. Langton D, Lee P. Bronchial thermoplasty: Redefining its role. Respirology. 2020;25:981-6.
11. Goh K, Lee P, Foo A, et al. Characteristics and Outcomes of Airway Involvement in Esophageal Cancer. Ann Thorac Surg. 2020 Nov 5:S0003-4975(20)31868-3
12. Tan R, Li A, Seet JE, Lee P. Metastases from tracheal adenoidcystic carcinoma. Thorax. 2020 Oct 6:thoraxjnl-2020-215760