Dr Koo Chieh Sian obtained his medical degree (MBBS) from King's College London in 2015 and subsequently obtained his Membership of the Royal College of Physicians (MRCP, UK) in 2018. He was later certified by the Specialist Accreditation Board of Singapore as a Gastroenterologist in 2021.
Dr Koo is currently an Associate Consultant in the Division of Gastroenterology and Hepatology in National University Hospital.
He is proficient in diagnostic and therapeutic endoscopy, and also has a keen interest in advanced endoscopic procedures such as endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatography (ERCP).
1. Koo CS, Anastassiades CP, Ho KY. Changing Perspectives in the Training of Endoscopic Ultrasonography in Asia. JGH Open 2021. https://doi.org/10.1002/jgh3.12587.
2. Cho J, Lee J, Sia CH, Koo CS, Tan BY, Hong W, Choi E, Goh X, Chai L, Chandran NS, Chua HR, Chan BP, Muthiah M, Low TT, Yap ES, Lahiri M. Extrapulmonary manifestations and complications of severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 infection: a systematic review. Singapore Med J. 2021. doi: 10.11622/smedj.2021100.
3. Koo CS, Siah KTH, Koh CJ. Endoscopy Training in COVID-19: Challenges and Hope for a Better Age. J Gastroenterol Hepatol 2021. https://doi.org/10.1111/jgh.15524
4. Koh CJ, Koo CS, Doshi BK. Real-Time 3D Imaging of Post-Transplant Biliary Stricture: A Novel Application of Existing Technology. Am J Gastroenterol 2021. doi: 10.14309/ajg.0000000000001294
5. Koh CJ, Teng M, Koo CS, et al. IDDF2020-ABS-0208 First-line utilization of direct peroral cholangioscopy for large common bile duct stones saves both time and cost. Gut 2020;69:A65-A66. http://doi.org/10.1136/gutjnl-2020-IDDF.122
6. Koo CS, Ho KY, Pang YH et al. Extraction of intra-biliary hepatocellular carcinoma by endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatography. BMC Gastroenterol 20, 408 (2020). doi: 10.1186/s12876-020-01552-0
7. Koo CS, Doshi BK, Koh CJ. Water-irrigation disimpaction endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatography - an approach to impacted distal biliary stones. Endoscopy. 2020 Sep 23. doi: 10.1055/a-1248-1952
8. Koo CS, Siah KTH, Low HC, Koh CJ. A low-cost endoscopy trainer for novice endoscopy training in COVID-19. Endoscopy. 2020 Dec;52(12):E463-E464. doi: 10.1055/a-1230-3325
9. Koo CS, Ho KY. The role of EUS‑FNA in the evaluation of pancreatic cystic lesions. Endosc Ultrasound 2020;9:71-5. doi: 10.4103/eus.eus_4_20
10. Koo CS, Wang S, Lee JWJ. Esophageal Melanocytosis in a Patient with Gastro-Esophageal Reflux Disease. Clin Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2018; S1542-3565(18)31321-1. doi: 10.1016/j.cgh.2018.11.044