Dr Koh Jianyi, Calvin obtained his medical degree (MBBS) from the National University of Singapore in 2006. He subsequently underwent further medical training at the National University Hospital, Singapore, where he served as chief resident in the department of medicine and completed his membership of the Royal College of Physicians, United Kingdom (MRCP) in 2011. He then joined the division of gastroenterology and hepatology, completing his Advanced Specialist Training (AST) in gastroenterology (2015). Dr Koh subsequently obtained his specialist accreditation from the Specialist Accreditation Board (SAB) of Singapore and is a fellow of the Academy of Medicine Singapore.
Following completion of specialist training, he was awarded an Academic Medicine Development Award and undertook an advanced endoscopy fellowship under the auspices of the American Society for Gastrointestinal Endoscopy with the Division of Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Nutrition at the University of Florida, USA to further his interest in interventional endoscopy.
Dr Koh is currently a Consultant at the Division of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, as well as an Assistant Professor at NUS Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine. He currently serves as the director of the Endoscopy Centre, at National University Hospital, Singapore, as well as a core faculty member for the gastroenterology training program. He is a fellow of the Royal College of Physicians (London), as well as the American Society of Gastrointestinal Endoscopy.
His clinical and research interests are pancreatobiliary disease, gastric cancer, colon cancer and general gastroenterology/hepatology. Besides gastroscopy and colonoscopy, he also performs endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatography, endoscopic ultrasound, endoscopic mucosal resection of polyps, small bowel enteroscopy and is trained in endoscopic suturing techniques.
1. Koh, C. J., & Ho, K. Y. (2021). Endoscopic Technologies for Diagnosing and Staging Early GI Cancers: Endoscopic Ultrasonography in GI Diseases. In Endoscopy in Early Gastrointestinal Cancers, Volume 1 (pp. 129-136). Springer Singapore. doi:10.1007/978-981-10-6769-3_15
2. Ang, J. W., Koh, C. J., Chua, B. W. B., Narayanaswamy, S., Wijaya, L., Chan, L. G., . . . Vasoo, S. (2020). Are migrant workers in Singapore receiving adequate healthcare? A survey of doctors working in public tertiary healthcare institutions. SINGAPORE MEDICAL JOURNAL, 61(10), 540-547. doi:10.11622/smedj.2019101
3. Koo, C. S., Doshi, B. K., & Koh, C. J. (2020). Water-irrigation disimpaction endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatography - an approach to impacted distal biliary stones. ENDOSCOPY, 2 pages. doi:10.1055/a-1248-1952
4. Koo, C. S., Siah, K. T. H., Low, H. C., & Koh, C. J. (2020). A low-cost endoscopy trainer for novice endoscopy training in COVID-19. ENDOSCOPY, 52(12), E463-E464. doi:10.1055/a-1230-3325
5. Sen Kew, G., & Koh, C. J. (2020). Strategies to Improve Persistent Adherence in Colorectal Cancer Screening. GUT AND LIVER, 14(5), 546-552. doi:10.5009/gnl19306
6. Bong, S. H., Tan, B. W., Yong, J. M., Ng, L. S., & Koh, C. J. (2020). Bleeding on the Edge-The Use of Hemostatic Powder for Treating a Bleeding Hypopharyngeal Tumor.. Clin Endosc. doi:10.5946/ce.2020.159
7. Koh, C. J., & Khoo, D. (2020). Muffling of healthcare: Assessing the impact of personal protective equipment on speaking volume in an Endoscopy Centre. DIGESTIVE ENDOSCOPY, 32(6), 997. doi:10.1111/den.13774
8. Koh, C. J., Lakhtakia, S., Kida, M., Lesmana, C. R. A., Ang, T. L., Vu, C. K. F., . . . Ho, K. Y. (2020). Defining the endoscopic ultrasound features of chronic pancreatitis in Asians: a multicenter validation study. ENDOSCOPY, 8 pages. doi:10.1055/a-1217-3112
9. So, J. B. Y., Kapoor, R., Zhu, F., Koh, C., Zhou, L., Zou, R., . . . Yeoh, K. G. (2020). Development and validation of a serum microRNA biomarker panel for detecting gastric cancer in a high-risk population. Gut. doi:10.1136/gutjnl-2020-322065
10. Khoo, D., Yen, C. -C., Chow, W. T., Jain, P., Loh, N. -H. W., Teo, W. W., & Koh, C. (2020). Ultra-portable low-cost improvised powered air-purifying respirator: feasibility study. BRITISH JOURNAL OF ANAESTHESIA, 125(2), E264-E266. doi:10.1016/j.bja.2020.04.082