Dr Khoo is the director of the sleep laboratory at NUH and also the Director of the internal medicine residency program at NUHS.
He is also the Chairman, Medical Board, at Alexandra Hospital.
Dr Khoo See Meng graduated from the University of Melbourne and completed his training in Respiratory and Critical Care Medicine in NUH. He also holds a Master of Medicine in Sleep Medicine from the University of Sydney.
His areas of clinical and research interest include sleep medicine, asthma, aerosol therapy and medical education.
He also serves as the Chair of the scientific committee for the NUHS-Harvard BIDMC Medicine Conferences. Dr Khoo is actively involved in both undergraduate and postgraduate medical education, and has special interest in curriculum development and effective learning behaviours of residents.
1. Tan A, Hau W, Ho HH; Ghaem Maralani H, Loo G, Khoo SM, Tai BC, Richards M, Ong P, Lee CH. Obstructive Sleep Apnea and Coronary Plaque Characteristics. Chest 2014 Feb;145(2):322-30.
2. Liang-Ping Zhao; Kelvin Loh; Germaine Loo; See-Meng Khoo; Liang Shen; Chi-Hang Lee. Relationship between Severity of Obstructive Sleep Apnea and Adverse Cardiac Outcomes in Non-Diabetic Patients Presenting with Myocardial Infarction. European Archives of Oto-Rhino-Laryngology and Head & Neck 2015 Sep;272(9):2527-33.
3. Li A, Lim HF, Khoo SM. A "Double-whammy": Obstructive Sleep Apnea and Impaired Arousal. Sleep Med 2015 Jan;17:106-8.
4. Cheung, Yan Yi; Tai, Bee-Choo; Loo, Germaine; Khoo, See Meng; Cheong, Karen; Barbe, Ferran; Lee, Chi-Hang. Screening for Obstructive Sleep Apnea in the Assessment of Coronary Risk. American Journal of Cardiology 2017 April; 119(7):996-1002.
5. Chang Zi Yun, Low San May, Serene Wong, Tok Pei Loo, Khoo See Meng. Obstructive Sleep Apnea and Cardiovascular Disease – An Asian Perspective. Hypertension Journal 2018; April-June 4:2.
6. Xiayan Shen, Benjamin Wei Rong Tay, Benjamin Uong-Qiang Tan, Nicholas jinghao Ngiam, John Shao Rong Mok, Shao Feng Mok, Eng Soo Yap, See Meng Khoo. Effectiveness of near-peer simulation for managing the acutely deteriorating patient among residents of an internal medicine junior residency programme. Singapore Medical Journal 2019; 1-23.
7. Khoo SM, Wong S, When Faculty Tell Tales: Faculty’s Reflective Narratives and Residents’ Professional Identity Formation. Accepted for publication. Academic Medicine 2021