Dr Sandeep Sebastin completed his post-graduate training in General Surgery and Plastic Surgery in India. He trained in Hand Surgery at Singapore and obtained his specialist accreditation in 2009. He is a diplomate of the European Board of Hand Surgery and gained additional clinical and research training as a MOH Scholar at the University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, USA.
Dr Sebastin has practiced Hand Surgery for over 25 years and manages a wide range of Hand Surgical Conditions. His sub-specialty interests include micro-surgical reconstruction and peripheral nerve surgery. He is also well versed in soft tissue reconstruction of upper and lower limbs.
Dr Sebastin is an editor of the Journal of Hand Surgery- Asian Pacific Volume and sits on the executive committee of the Asian Pacific Federation of Societies for Surgery of the Hand (APFSSH). He is a member of the Residency Advisory Committee (RAC) for Hand Surgery, Ministry of Health, Singapore. He is also a member of the American and Indian Societies for Surgery of the Hand. He served as President of the Singapore Society for Hand Surgery and Chair of the Chapter of Hand Surgeons, Academy of Medicine Singapore form 2015 till 2017.
1. Krishna SV, Sebastin SJ. ‘Rigor like’ acute equinovarus contracture followed by delayed relaxation in a patient with knee dislocation with popliteal artery injury- a case report. Orthoplastic Surgery, 2021.
2. Nasir NJ, Corrias A, Heemskerk J, Ang ET Jenkins, Sebastin SJ, Tucker-Kellogg L. (2021) The panniculus carnosus layer exhibits poor regeneration and deformed geometry following pressure injury: Implications for biomechanical protection. The FASEB Journal, 35:
3. Au Eong JTW, Sebastin SJ. Trigger Finger Associated with Fencing in an Adolescent: A Case Report. J Hand Surg Asian Pac Vol. 2021 Sep;26(3):463-466.
4. Nashi N, Sebastin SJ. A Pragmatic and Evidence-Based Approach to Mallet Finger. J Hand Surg Asian Pac Vol. 2021 Sep;26(3):319-332.
5. Yoon AP, Wang Y, Wang L, Chung KC; WRIST Group. What Are the Tradeoffs in Outcomes after Casting Versus Surgery for Closed Extraarticular Distal Radius Fractures in Older Patients? A Statistical Learning Model. Clin Orthop Relat Res. 2021 Jun 18. doi: 10.1097/CORR.0000000000001865.
6. Chung KC, Kim HM, Malay S, Shauver MJ; WRIST Group. Comparison of 24-Month Outcomes After Treatment for Distal Radius Fracture: The WRIST Randomized Clinical Trial. JAMA Netw Open. 2021 Jun 1;4(6):e2112710.