Dr Lim Yinghao is presently an Associate Consultant with the
Department of Cardiology, National University Heart Centre, Singapore.
Dr Lim graduated with a Bachelor of Medicine and Surgery from
the Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine, National University of Singapore in 2010.
He completed his Residency in Internal Medicine and was conferred the Master of
Medicine in Internal Medicine from the National University of Singapore, and
Membership of the Royal College of Physicians (United Kingdom) in 2014.
Thereafter, he completed Cardiology Senior Residency in the National
University Heart Centre, Singapore, in 2018. In 2020, he was recognised as a
Diplomate of the National Board of Echocardiography, United States of
His subspecialty interests are in structural heart disease,
adult congenital heart disease, pulmonary hypertension and cardiac imaging. He
performs structural and congenital heart intervention as well as interventional
echocardiography in support of the above. Additionally, he also performs
Beside his clinical interests, he is also an established
medical educator and is presently course co-director for the Chia Boon Lock
Cardiology Review Course as well as the Cardiology PACES Course. He is a core
faculty member of the Cardiology Senior Residency Programme.
As part of the nation’s response for COVID-19, he was
appointed medical co-lead for the operationalisation and running of Tuas South
Community Care Facility in 2020.
His research interests are in the fields of pulmonary
hypertension, structural heart disease as well as medical and device
1. Lim Y, Tai ML, Tan LL, Sharma VK. Sudden-Onset Right Facial Drooping in a Patient With Ramsay Hunt Syndrome. Arch Neurol. 2011;68(9):1198-1199.
2. Lim Y, Ong CC, Teo LL, Yip JW, Tay E. Non ST-Elevation Myocardial Infarction in a Patient with Supravalvular Aortic Stenosis. Role of Multi-Modality Imaging. Ann Acad Med Singapore. 2017 Jul;46(7):298-300.
3. Lim Y, Singh D, Loh PH, Poh KK. Multivessel coronary artery spasm in pericarditis. Singapore Med J. 2018 Nov;59(11):611-613.
4. Lim Y, Singh D, Poh KK. High-grade atrioventricular block. Singapore Med J. 2018 Jul;59(7):346-350.
5. Lim Y, Low TT, Chan SP, Teo TW, Jang JJ, Yip N, Kuntjoro I, Tay EL, Yip JW. Pulmonary arterial hypertension in a multi-ethnic Asian population: Characteristics, survival and mortality predictors from a 14-year follow-up study. Respirology. 2019 Feb;24(2):162-170.
6. Infante AN, Koo CCY, Yip A, Lim YH, Yeo WT, Quek ST, Lim TW, Seow SC, Chai P, Ong CC, Teo L, Singh D, Kojodjojo P. Magnetic resonance imaging of dilated cardiomyopathy: prognostic benefit of identifying late gadolinium enhancement in Asian patients. Singapore Med J. 2019 Dec 10.
7. Lim Y, Maaroof SMB, Low TT, Kuntjoro I, Yip JW, Tay E. Help-seeking patterns and funding strategies in patients with pulmonary arterial hypertension on phosphodiesterase-5 inhibitors: an orphan disease with effective but costly treatment. Singapore Med J. 2020 Mar 17.
8. Lim Y, Chook S, Low TT, Yeo WT, Tay E. Cardiology Training in Singapore During the COVID-19 Pandemic. Acad Med. 2020 Jul 2.