Dr. Emmett Wong obtained his medical degree from the Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine, National University of Singapore in 2012. He was conferred Master of Medicine (Internal Medicine) and Membership of the Royal College of Physicians (United Kingdom) in 2016 following his term as Staff Officer supporting Naval Medical operations in the Navy Medical Service.
After completing his Internal Medicine Residency, Dr. Wong continued senior residency in Renal Medicine in the Division of Nephrology in the Department of Medicine, National University Health System, completing specialist training and obtaining accreditation in 2020. He is a fellow of the Academy of Medicine (Singapore). Besides managing a wide variety of kidney conditions, he has a keen interest in kidney transplantation. He is also actively involved in medical education for undergraduates and postgraduates as a Clinical Tutor in the Department of Medicine, Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine, National University of Singapore.
Dr. Wong is currently the Director of Clinical Services and Patient Safety Officer in the Division of Nephrology, Department of Medicine, National University Hospital (NUH) and a Core Faculty member of the National NUH Post-Graduate Year-1 Programme.
1. Chua HR, Lau T, Luo N, Ma V, Teo BW, Haroon S, Choy KL, Lim YC, Chng WQ, Ong LZ, Wong TY, Lee EJ. Predicting first-year mortality in incident dialysis patients with end-stage renal disease – the UREA5 study. Blood Purif. 2014;37(2):85-92. doi: 10.1159/000357640. Epub 2014 Feb 26. PubMed PMID: 24589505.
2. Wong ETY, Lahiri M, Teh M, Leo CCH. IgG4-Related Kidney Disease: A Curious Case of Interstitial Nephritis with Hypocomplementemia. Case Rep Nephrol Dial. 2019 May-Aug; 9(2): 49–54; PMCID: PMC6547283; DOI: 10.1159/000500296
3. Chua HR, Low S, Murali TM, Wong ET, He HD, Teo BW, Thian YL, Akalya K, Vathsala A. Cumulative iodinated contrast exposure for computed tomography during acute kidney injury and major adverse kidney events. Eur Radiol. 2020 Nov 7. doi: 10.1007/s00330-020-07428-x. Epub ahead of print. PMID: 33159575.
4. Wong ET, Ong V, Remani D, Wong WK, Haroon S, Lau T, Nyeo HQ, Mukhopadhyay A, Tan BH, Chua HR. Filter life and safety of heparin-grafted membrane for continuous renal replacement therapy - A randomized controlled trial. Semin Dial. 2021 Jul;34(4):300-308. doi: 10.1111/sdi.12951. Epub 2021 Feb 8. PMID: 33556204.
5. Sia CSM, Leong LCY, Wong ETY, Goh GH, Leo CCH. Empagliflozin-induced severe osmotic nephrosis and acute renal injury in advanced chronic kidney disease. Ann Acad Med Singap. 2021 Mar;50(3):255-257. doi: 10.47102/annals-acadmedsg.2020526. PMID: 33855322.