Your doctor will advise when you can be discharged.
Do check with the ward nurse for the discharge time. To ensure your well-being, we advise that a family member or a friend be with you on the day of your discharge.
Our staff will assist you in your discharge procedures:
- Arrange for follow-up appointment at the Specialist Outpatient Clinic, if necessary.
- Give you the medicine that your doctor has prescribed and advise you on the medicine usage.
- Teach basic self-care procedures and health education so that you can manage on your own at home.
- Follow the medication instructions and keep the follow-up appointment with the doctor.
- Check bedside cabinet and wardrobe to ensure no personal items are left behind.
- Withdraw any personal items that you may have placed in the safe, or with our Patient Service Centre.
- Return all hospital gowns, children's pyjamas, baby vests and blankets.
Discharge from the hospital is between 10am and 11.30am.
Do check with the ward nurse for the exact discharge time. An additional day's rate is applicable after 12 pm.