We are an outpatient service for the administration of intravenous antimicrobial treatment. Patients can be
referred to us while they are receiving treatment during their hospital stay. Outpatient referrals are also accepted
after our Infectious Disease consultants have reviewed them. As such, patients can avoid hospitalisation.
With our multi-disciplinary care approach, we will coordinate the care of our patients with their primary physician.
Our team comprises Infectious Disease physicians, registered nurses, pharmacists, podiatrists and colleagues
from operations. Working hand-in-hand with other disciplines, we strive to provide patients holistic care.
Range of Services
Outpatient Parenteral Antibiotic Therapy (OPAT) services include:
- Management of infection.
- Management of vascular access device daily or during scheduled treatment.
- Patient and family education on vascular access device, antibiotic side effect(s) and/or infusor.
- Training of caregiver for administration of intravenous antibiotic via elastromeric pump.
Home Caregiver Administration (HCA)
- Training for the administration of intravenous antibiotic via the elastromeric pump to patients and/or caregiver can be provided. The training can commence while the patient is hospitalised.
- The administration is only allowed to commence when the patient/caregiver has shown competence and confidence in doing the procedure.
- Patient education materials (PICC and Infusor) are available for the patient's/caregiver's reference.
- A 24-hour hotline is provided for patients/caregivers for emergency support.
OPAT nurses can provide home visits to administer the intravenous antibiotic if patients meet the selection criteria.
Dengue Outpatient Management (DOM)
The DOM clinic manages dengue patients who meet a set of criteria safely without the need to be admitted to the hospital. These patients are referred from our Emergency Medicine Department.
Services offered in the DOM clinic:
- Daily blood investigation via venepuncture for condition monitoring.
- Patient education on managing dengue by registered nurses.
- Daily updates of full blood count results by registered nurse.
Travellers' Health and Vaccination Clinic (THVC)
The NUH Travellers' Health and Vaccination Clinic (THVC), provides pre- and post-travel health counselling along with any immunisations or medications that are needed for overseas travel.
In addition to medical advice about the risk of travel-related infections and diseases, travellers with special circumstances (for instance, pregnant women, the elderly or immunocompromised individuals) can seek health advice that is specific to their condition.
A broad range of travel immunisations are available at the clinic. Medications are prescribed for the prevention of malaria and treatment of travel-associated diarrhoea.
The clinic also offers consultations for returning travellers. Screening tests for travel-related infections may be offered, depending on the exposure history and any symptoms that the traveller might have.
Vaccinations are also available to non-travellers who may have missed out on routine childhood vaccinations or may require vaccinations for specific reasons (for example, those with an immunocompromised state or high risk occupation).
Types of Vaccinations available:
- Hepatitis A
- Hepatitis B
- Hepatitis A and Hepatitis B combined vaccine
- Japanese Encephalitis (IXIARO)
- Measles, Mumps, Rubella (MMR)
- Meningococcal polysaccharide (ACWY)
- Meningococcal conjugate (ACWY)
- Pneumococcal polysaccharide (PPSV23)
- Inactivated polio (EIPV)
- Rabies (PCEC)
- Tetanus, diphtheria, and acellular pertussis (Tdap)
- Typhoid Fever (Typhim Vi)
- Varicella (Chickenpox)
- Yellow Fever
Prices are subject to prevailing GST. Payment can be made by cash, NETS or credit card.
||Outpatient Procedure Centre/OPAT
NUH Medical Centre, Level 3
Outpatient Procedure Centre/OPAT
Mondays to Fridays: 8.30am to 5.30pm
Saturdays/Sundays/Public Holidays: 8.30am to 12.30pm (for OPAT only)
Mondays to Fridays: 2.00pm to 5.00pm
*Strictly by appointment only.
Tel: (65) 6772 8600 / 6772 2083
Email (OPAT): firstname.lastname@example.org
Email (THVC): email@example.com