|  Find a Doctor |  Getting to NUH |  Appointments |  Contact Us |  Newsroom | Join Us | Make a Gift | Protecting Your Data 



Change in Accommodation Class

Request for Change of Accommodation Class Status

You may request for transfer to a higher or lower class ward at any time during hospitalisation except when patient is in a classless ward such as Intensive Care Unit or High Dependency Ward. To change your choice of accommodation, you may approach your ward nurses to arrange it.


Transfer to a Higher Class Accommodation (Upgrading)

Should you wish to be transferred to a higher class ward, this can be arranged subjected to the availability of beds requested. You may make the request through the nurses in your ward. All charges (except general ward room charges) incurred at the lower class ward till upgrading will be re-calculated and charged at the higher class rate.


Transfer to a Lower Class Accommodation (Downgrading)

Resident patients can only downgrade from Deluxe, 'A' or 'B1' classes wards to 'B2' or 'C' classes wards if they pass the Means Testing*.


Downgrading to 'A' or 'B1' class wards does not require Means Testing* but is subjected to the availability of beds.


Note: Non-resident patients are not allowed to downgrade to 'B2' and 'C' class wards.

You may approach your ward nurses or Patient Service Centres to apply for Means Testing*.

* Means Testing is used to assess a patient's financial circumstances to determine whether he/she is eligible to downgrade to subsidised care.


You may also be interested to read information on:
Ward Types
Ward/Room Facilities & Services