This unit provides clinical services for adult patients with surgical and orthopaedic conditions.
Depending on the nature and complexity of care required, our nurses will tailor the care plan accordingly. Patients' needs and care management are assessed accordance to the scope of care and services provided by the medical and nursing staff. We work in collaboration and refer to other healthcare professionals and community partners for the provision of end-to-end care.
Nurses within the cluster are provided with specialised knowledge focusing on different areas of specialty.
Surgical nursing has a wide array of expertise and services:
- Enhanced Recovery After Surgery (ERAS) and Management and innovation of longevity of elderly surgical patients (Miles) Program.
- Stoma and wound care services
- Nurse Led service - Percutaneous Endoscopic Gastrostomy (PEG) Resource Team
- Ortho / Geriatric services
- Pain care services
- Breast care services
- Muscular-Skeletal Osteosarcoma services