- NUH is the first hospital in Asia-Pacific to offer the non-drug asthma treatment - Bronchial Thermoplasty.
- NUH comes up with a new personalised cancer treatment protocol for children with acute lymphoblastic leukaemia (ALL).
- Singapore's first simultaneous pancreas-kidney transplant was carried out at NUH in September 2012.
- The topping-up ceremony for the new NUH Medical Centre was held in October 2012 with Minister Gan Kim Yong as the Guest-of-Honor.
- The NUH Haematopoietic Progenitor Cell Transplant Program is the first programme to be awarded the FACT (Foundation for the Accreditation of Cellular Therapy) accreditation in Singapore.