- Performed the first double organ transplant (liver and kidney) for a teenager in Singapore.
- Third Bunker opens at Radiation Therapy Centre on 14 May to serve more patients who will receive faster and more precise radiation therapy treatment.
- Multidrug-resistant bacteria (MRSA) transmission was reduced by 40% through adopting several measures.
- MOU signing between NUH and the Vladivostok State Medical University (VSMU) to bring about cooperation and exchanges in medical research and development projects, teaching and education, as well as facilitate professional development through joint seminars.
- MOU signing between NUHS and Harvard University’s Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Centre (BIDMC) to pave the way for American and Singaporean doctors, scientists and medical students to work together in areas of research, education and clinical care.
- Groundbreaking ceremony of the new NUH Medical Centre.
- Launch of National University Cancer Institute, Singapore, on 9 February.
- Development of a visual flip chart to reduce the incidence of bedsores for patients.