- NUH and TTSH signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) with RS. Dr. Karyadi Hospital, largest Government Hospital in Central Java
- Partnership with AstraZeneca and the National Cancer Centre Singapore (NCCS) to develop anti-cancer compounds in Asia
- To help relieve demand for inpatient beds and to right-site patients, the new 14-bed Short Stay Day Surgery Ward is created for cases that need an overnight observation or short stay for simple surgeries.
- The University Children’s Medical Institute’s (UCMI) rolled out its Adolescent Weight Management Program on 30 Oct. Titled “Towards Right Eating, Exercise and Self-esteem (TREES)”, this three-and-a-half month multidisciplinary programme aims to improve the physical health of adolescents to help them function optimally, as well as prepare them for adulthood with a healthier mind and body.
- The TEAL (Totally Empowered, Actively Living) Ribbon Group was set up to provide a supportive network for gynaecologic cancer patients and their loved ones, allowing them to share their experience in coping with their illnesses.
- The Khoo Teck Puat Advanced Surgery Training Centre (ASTC) housed at NUH was officially opened by President S R Nathan on Thursday, 23 October. Built to train surgeons from Southeast Asia, the Middle East and Europe, the ASTC has the most comprehensive and latest facilities and equipment.
- Opening of the University Dermatology Clinic on 29 October. The new clinic, designed with the aim of improving patients’ experience in mind, is equipped with state-of-the-art facilities and roomy mini-operating theatre-like suites, and provides convenience and comfort to our dermatological patients.
- The Anti-Coagulation, formed in July service aims to enhance patient safety through standardising guidelines and processes for patients taking warfarin to treat and prevent abnormal clots in their veins and arteries in the inpatient setting across multiple clinical disciplines.
- First Singapore hospital to achieve certification under the revised ISO18001:2007 standard. We have also been re-certified with the ISO9001:2000 and 14001:2004 standards.
- Opening of our University Spine Centre on 17 June by Guest-of-Honour Prof K Satku (Director of Medical Services, MOH). This clinical facility, providing the range of ambulatory spine services under one roof, has patient-centric integrated process in place to deliver one-stop service to our patients and enhances patient care through the systematic tracking of clinical outcomes.
- Implementation of the multi-language directional signs. This Multilanguage wayfinding system aims to help both patients and visitors better navigate around NUH.
Opening of Viva-University Children’s Cancer Centre, our children’s cancer facility that is equipped with facilities to better care for our young cancer patients, and the headquarters for the St.Jude-Singapore International Outreach programme and centre for clinical and translational research work in the area of childhood cancer.