- NUH was chosen by the Ministry of Health to develop two new national specialist centres, the National University Heart Centre, Singapore and National University Cancer Institute, Singapore to meet the growing needs for cardiac and cancer treatments.
- Joint Commission International (JCI) Re-accreditation
- Partnership for the Singapore - Johnson & Johnson Clinical Fellowship program between NUH, SingHealth and Johnson & Johnson to provide clinical skills training to clinicians in Asia.
- First hospital in Singapore to be AABB-accredited (for all four facilities - Transfusion Activities, Donor Centre Activities, Hematopoietic Progenitor Cells (HPC) and Cord Blood under the Department of Laboratory Medicine)
- First hospital in the world to evaluate an influenza diagnostic test
- First hospital to complete the TrendCare Timing Study by MOH
- First hospital in the world to introduce faster test for Down’s Syndrome
- Entered into an MOU with Tu Du Hospital from Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
- NUH and TTSH entered into an MOU with Cipto Mangunkusumo National Hospital, one of the largest public hospitals in Jakarta, Indonesia
- Collaboration with A*STAR to conduct the 1st “First-In-Man” early cancer clinical trial in Singapore