Dr Inez Wong is a Consultant with the Eye Department of National University Hospital, Head of the Paediatric Ophthalmology and Strabismus Service, and Assistant Professor at the National University of Singapore.
Her main interest is in paediatric ophthalmology, including management of a range of eye problems in children, such as refractive errors, amblyopia, external and anterior segment diseases, cataract, glaucoma, retinopathy of prematurity, and strabismus in both children and adults. She also maintains an interest in general ophthalmological problems in adults as well as performs adult cataract surgery.
Dr Wong obtained her medical degree from Cambridge University in the United Kingdom, and completed her ophthalmology training in Singapore, and is a fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh and Academy of Medicine Singapore. She underwent subspecialty fellowship training in Paediatric Ophthalmology and Strabismus at Great Ormond Street Hospital for children in London, United Kingdom.
She is active in medical education and is currently the Undergraduate Medical Education Director for Ophthalmology at National University Hospital, as well as core faculty of the NUHS Ophthalmic Residency Programme and examiner in the MMed (Ophthalmology) examinations. She is a member of American Academy of Ophthalmology, International Strabismological Association, Asia-Pacific Strabismus and Paediatric Ophtalmology Society, the Singapore Society of Ophthalmology and American Association of Pediatric Ophthalmology and Strabismus (AAPOS). Apart from having published in notable peer-reviewed journals and books, she has conducted workshops and presented at various international meetings in aspects of pediatric ophthalmology and strabismus. Her research interests include strabismus and pediatric eye diseases.
- Anterior and nasal transposition of inferior oblique for iatrogenic superior oblique palsy. Wong IB, Paris V, Choi HK, Farzavandi S. Arch Ophthalmol. 2011:In Press.
- What's your diagnosis? Retinocytoma. Wong IB, Farzavandi S. J Pediatr Ophthalmol Strabismus. 2010;47(5):268,287.
- Managing a child with an external ocular disease. Wong IB, Nischal KK. Journal of AAPOS 2010 Feb;14(1):68-77.
- Incidence of early onset glaucoma after infant cataract extraction with and without intraocular lens implantation. Wong IB, Sukthankar VD, Cortina-Borja M, Nischal KK. Br J Ophthalmology 2009 Sep;93(9):1200-3.
- Does Goniotomy have a role in adult glaucoma? Wong IBY, Nischal KK. Asian Journal of Ophthalmology 2007 Jun;9:105-6
- Refractive changes in epiblepharon. Preechawai P, Amrith S, Wong I, Sundar G. Am J Ophthalmol 2007;143(5):835-9.
- Dengue retinopathy manifesting with bilateral vasculitis and macular oedema.Tan CS, Teoh SC, Chan DP, Wong IB, Lim TH. Eye 2007;21(6):875-7
- Loop Myopexy for treatment of myopic strabismus fixus. Wong I, Leo SW, Khoo BK. Journal of AAPOS 2005 Dec9(6);589-591