Assistant Professor, Department of Ophthalmology, National University of Singapore
Dr Ganga graduated from the Madras Medical College, Chennai, India and obtained his residency training in Ophthalmology and a 2-year fellowship in Ophthalmic Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery from Henry Ford Hospital in Detroit.
His areas of training and expertise include functional and reconstructive ophthalmic plastic surgery, esthetic oculo-facial surgery and ocular oncology and is certified by the American Board of Ophthalmology. He is active in furthering the cause of the subspecialty in the South and East-Asian region and is actively involved in undergraduate and postgraduate education in Singapore and the region.
Common surgeries performed by him include Blepharoplasty, Browlift, Midface lift, Ptosis correction, Epiblepharon correction, Surgical management of dry eyes, minimally invasive surgery for tearing disordes, management of complex orbital tumors, orbital reconstruction etc.
Dr Ganga was the recipient of the Rustom Ranji Oration Award, Andhra Pradesh Ophthalmological Society 2010 and the Asia Pacific Academy of Ophthalmology Achievement Award in 2011.
Dr Ganga is also a Visiting Professor at the Henry Ford Hospital, Detroit, USA and the Universiti Sains Malaysia, Kelantan, Malaysia.
Some recent publications:
- Almousa R, Sundar G. Acquired epiblepharon treated by lateral orbital and fat decompression. Middle East African Journal of Ophthalmology. 18(1): 80-81.
- Almousa R, Amrith S, Mani AH, Liang S, Sundar G. Radiological signs of periorbital trauma - The Singapore experience. Orbit 2010 29(6):307-312
- Amrith S, Al Mousa R, Wong WL, Sundar G. Blowout Fractures: Surgical Outcome in Relation to Age, Time of Intervention, and Other Preoperative Risk Factors. Craniomaxillofac Trauma Reconstruction. 2010; 3:131-36
- Almousa R, Nga ME, Sundar G. Marginal zone B-cell orbital lymphoma with intracranial involvement. Ophthal Plast Reconstr Surg. 2010 May-Jun; 26(3):205-6.
- Choi HK; Tan GS; Sundar, G. Rosiglitazone Toxicity: Accidental Overdose Leading To Macular Edema. Retinal Cases & Brief Reports: Winter 2010 - Volume 4 - Issue 1 - pp 73-77
- Sundar G, Young SM, Tara S, Tan AM, Amrith S. Epiblepharon in East Asian Patients. The Singapore Experience. Ophthalmology. 2010 Jan; 117(1):184-9. Epub 2009 Nov 5. PMID: 19896198
- Sundar G. Pediatric Oculoplastic Surgery - A Review. Journal of Tamilnadu Ophthalmic Association 2009. Vol 47(3): 13-19
- Almousa R, Amrith S, Sundar G. Browlift - A South East Asian experience. Orbit 2009; 28(6):347-353