NUH Hand Hygiene 2012
In conjunction with
SAVE LIVES: Clean Your Hands - World Health Organization's global annual campaign
Click HERE to go to the 5 May, 2012 page on the WHO website
NUH marks this occasion by organising an annual hospital-wide Hand Hygiene campaign, which aims to remind everyone that we have a part to play to stop the spread of harmful infections.
Our Hand Hygiene Activities in 2012 include:
1) Keynote Lecture - Ms Claire Kilpatrick, WHO Patient Safety Department, Consultant of the Clean Care is Safer Care programme.
2) Debut of the NUH Hand Hygiene Video: ‘Infection Prevention - it’s all about our patients'.
(Click here to view our video)
3) Hand Hygiene Booths – booths are set up in the hospital lobby to promote awareness among the visitors and patients.
4) Recognition of the Clinical and Nursing Hand Hygiene Champions – these are nominated leaders in every ward who are strong advocates for improving ward compliance. This year, we will also recognise their dedication to infection prevention.
5) A new series of hand hygiene posters - six posters to communicate and remind staff and visitors the importance of practising hand hygiene
6) Hand Hygiene Video Competition for Staff - Staff are encouraged to produce and submit a short video clip to demonstrate how hand hygiene improves patient safety.
The top three winners are:
First: Department of Diagnostic Imaging
Second: Ward 1
Third: Ward 8A
Congratulations to our top three departments again and we would like to thank all teams for their creativity and time put in to produce the clips.
Screen shot of the videos: